Troop 19 actively recruits Webelos Scouts by providing activities that support the Arrow of Light program. We want Webelos to sample Boy Scouts, so we generally invite all Webelos dens to visit our meetings and host them at least at two camp-outs, where we serve our infamous Fairview Stew.
All Webelos are encouraged to contact a Scoutmaster, Webelos Coordinator, or a current Troop 19 Boy Scout about attending a regular scout meeting.
Recent Webelos invitations included:
- Readyman Clinic – Work on many of the requirements for the Webelos Readyman Badge (early October)
- Fall Festival/Good Turn – Carve pumpkins for local nursing homes and enjoy s’mores, hot dogs, and apple cider with Troop 19 (late October)
- Fairview Stew Camp out – Travel to Camp Peairs on Lake Bloomington for more clinics in scouting essentials and conclude with our famous stew, stories, skits, and songs (mid November)
- Winter Camping Clinic – Covers various topics for safe and fun winter camping (mid January)
- Starved Rock Winter Hike / Camp Tuckabatchee Overnight – Enjoy hiking Starved Rock State Park in the winter in search of frozen waterfalls, then relax with more of our famous Fairview Stew at Camp Tuckabatchee, north of Ottawa, Illinois, where W.D. Boyce (founder of Scouting in America) is buried (Early February)
- Blue and Gold Crossover Ceremonies–Troop 19 is happy to join you for your Crossover ceremony. Simply contact our Webelos coordinator, or a scoutmaster to arrange your date (February and March)